OVERVIEW ON ISLANDS OF SIANKABA IN LIVINGSTONE – VICTORIA FALLS
Islands of Siankaba is the most classic of forested retreats. Siankaba’s seven secluded chalets, each with its unique and individually different view of the mighty Zambezi River, are linked by a foot bridge to a haute cuisine restaurant. All of this is located on two untouched islands in the middle of the mighty Zambezi River situated between the ‘Seventh Wonder of the Natural World’, the magnificent Victoria Falls, and the world famous Chobe National Park. The Islands of Siankaba have been developed as an exclusive luxurious lodge, exclusively sleeping just fourteen guests. The two islands are linked by a suspension bridge leading to an overhead walkway in the tree canopy which connects the elevated chalets
Accommodation, Facilities & Amenities At Islands of Siankaba
- Islands Of Siankaba, located 24 miles from Victoria Falls, and just 30 miles from the magnificent Chobe National Park, lie two densely forested islands in the mighty Zambezi River. A place of spectacular natural beauty and a haven for an astonishing variety of plant and bird life.
- Islands of Siankaba evokes images of style and elegance in a truly African way. Subtle architecture blends with a backdrop of stately natural forest creating an atmosphere of peace and tranquility. Visitors may spend quiet moments around the shaded pool or relax in the comfort of the open lounge and bar.
- Fashioned in teak and canvas, and accessed by an elevated walkway, just seven luxurious accommodation units are uniquely set amongst the indigenous trees. Islands of Siankaba invites you to unwind and enjoy the view from your private deck overlooking the serene and majestic Zambezi River.
- Islands of Siankaba has one intimate honeymoon suite for that special trip together Features include your very own garden decking and sun lounges, private dining area, mini-bar, games compendium and private library.
Dining At Islands of Siankaba
- Settle back and enjoy the ambience and romance of fine open air dining set in the heart of the African bush. Freshly prepared imaginative dishes will tempt the palate of the most discerning guest.
- One of the distinctive features of the lodge is how the excellence of its food and wines have developed a reputation for ‘haute-cuisine in the bush’ to compliment its first class service.
Activities From Islands of Siankaba
Whitewater Rafting On Zambezi River: Seasonal Whitewater Rafting On Zambezi River are run in large rubber rafts, launched from just below the Falls. You can experience a half day trip, full day or two day.
Victoria Falls Bungi Jumping: The highest commercial bridge jump in the world with the most spectacular setting at Victoria Falls. This must be the ultimate adrenaline rush, as you leap into space, free fall, saved from the swirling water below by the rebound of the cord, then hurtled upwards again at great speed. It’s an indescribable feeling that will probably change your life.
Zambezi Canoeing at Victoria Falls: A canoeing Safari on the upper portion of the Zambezi River, is a wonderful relaxing way to enjoy the astonishingly beautiful scenery that lines the river before it takes its plunge over the Victoria Falls. This part of the river is dotted with many islands of varying size; home to many birds and small animals.
Elephant Back Safaris at Victoria Falls: Your Elephant Back Safari at Victoria Falls begins with a pickup from your accommodation and transfer to the elephant boma at Mosi Oa Tunya National Park where you are introduced to your specially trained elephants and their handlers.
Victoria Falls Helicopter Flight: Experience the Victoria Falls with a birds eye view. Take off from the helicopter site and climb to a height of 1500 feet above the ground, while approaching the magnificent Victoria Falls.
Other Livingstone Victoria Falls Tours are: Zambezi River Boat Cruise, Dinner On Royal Livingstone Express Train Service, Livingstone Island Tour, The David Livingstone Museum Tour, Railway Museum & Tour of Livingstone Town, Chief Mukuni Village Cultural Tour, Maramba Market, Mosi-o-Tunya National Park Safari, Tours On The Segway & many more