OVERVIEW ON TAITA FALCON LODGE IN LIVINGSTONE – VICTORIA FALLS
Taita Falcon Lodge is situated on the Zambian side of the Zambezi River, on the outskirts of the Victoria Falls in Livingstone. The lodge is perched on the very edge of the Batoka Gorge above Rapids 16 and 17, offering a spectacular view of the raging waters 200 meters below. Away from the hustle and bustle of the tourist throng, Taita Falcon Lodge is the perfect place to enjoy all the excitement and action of the Victoria Falls while retaining the essential peace and tranquility of a remote African Lodge in the wildest of settings. Taita Falcon Lodge is owner managed providing AfricanMecca guests a personal touch with their hosts and ability to accommodate the wishes of each individual guest and ensuring a special home-from-home experience. This is a unique departure from the typical hotel style, the Lodge’s focus is on quality personal service, uncompromising comfort and providing guests with an unforgettable African experience.
Accommodation, Facilities & Amenities At Taita Falcon Lodge
- Each Taita Falcon Lodge chalet is en-suite, with mosquito nets on all the beds. The chalets are open plan and constructed of reed and stone. Taita Falcon Lodge uses mosquito coils in the rooms, and hot water bottles during the colder months.Power is delivered via main and through solar power. There is a security box in the room and a safe at the front desk.
- Of the 7 chalets, 2 can be made up to family rooms sleeping a maximum of 2 adults and 3 children. The remaining 4 chalets can be made up as either double, twin or triple rooms.
- The spacious en-suite chalets afford both privacy and comfort. The reed walls of the chalet at three-quarter height are open to the gentle breezes that blow over the gorge, but can be raised to full height if required.
- The resident Vereaux (black) eagles can be envied as they soar by at eye level, along with a host of other raptors regularly sighted at the Taita Falcon Lodge.
- The gardens are a colorful blend of indigenous plants and are a bird watcher’s paradise with over 210 birds identified including the rare Taita Falcon.
- There is a swimming pool and volleyball court at the lodge.
- Taita Falcon supports the Nsongwe Village Development Trust through all clients who stay at the lodge.
Dining At Taita Falcon Lodge
- Taita Falcon Lodge serves a sumptuous 3 course buffet meal in the evenings. Light and dark meats are served each night and a selection of vegetables and salads. The lodge needs to be advised of any special dietary requirements prior to the clients’ arrival.
Activities From Taita Falcon Lodge
Whitewater Rafting On Zambezi River: Seasonal Whitewater Rafting On Zambezi River are run in large rubber rafts, launched from just below the Falls. You can experience a half day trip, full day or two day.
Victoria Falls Bungi Jumping: The highest commercial bridge jump in the world with the most spectacular setting at Victoria Falls. This must be the ultimate adrenaline rush, as you leap into space, free fall, saved from the swirling water below by the rebound of the cord, then hurtled upwards again at great speed. It’s an indescribable feeling that will probably change your life.
Zambezi Canoeing at Victoria Falls: A canoeing Safari on the upper portion of the Zambezi River, is a wonderful relaxing way to enjoy the astonishingly beautiful scenery that lines the river before it takes its plunge over the Victoria Falls. This part of the river is dotted with many islands of varying size; home to many birds and small animals.
Elephant Back Safaris at Victoria Falls: Your Elephant Back Safari at Victoria Falls begins with a pickup from your accommodation and transfer to the elephant boma at Mosi Oa Tunya National Park where you are introduced to your specially trained elephants and their handlers.
Victoria Falls Helicopter Flight: Experience the Victoria Falls with a birds eye view. Take off from the helicopter site and climb to a height of 1500 feet above the ground, while approaching the magnificent Victoria Falls.
Other Livingstone Victoria Falls Tours are: Zambezi River Boat Cruise, Dinner On Royal Livingstone Express Train Service, Livingstone Island Tour, The David Livingstone Museum Tour, Railway Museum & Tour of Livingstone Town, Chief Mukuni Village Cultural Tour, Maramba Market, Mosi-o-Tunya National Park Safari, Tours On The Segway & many more