OVERVIEW ON AVANI VICTORIA FALLS RESORT IN LIVINGSTONE – VICTORIA FALLS
Formerly known as Zambezi Sun Hotel, Avani Victoria Falls Resort located in Livingstone Zambia features adobe-style architecture. Simple finishes highlight bright mosaics and fabrics and the intoxicating environment is characterized by ethnic wall stencils, timber and plaster ceilings, Zambian artworks and accessories. Avani Victoria Falls Resort is constructed in a series of eight buildings, consisting of the guest rooms, a central pavilion of restaurants and a fabulous convention center.
Accommodation, Facilities & Amenities At Avani Victoria Falls Resort
- The Avani Victoria Falls Resort is a 212-room hotel appealing primarily to families and conference delegates. The guest rooms acknowledge their African roots in the deep rich red earth color of the rounded planes of its walls. In the early evening the dark outline of the hotel is set against iridescent curls of smoky vapor that dance above its roofline.
Avani Victoria Falls Resort Room Configurations:
Avani Victoria Falls Resort Standard Suite
- 4 Suites each with a private Veranda
- Separate Lounge and Bedroom
- Dining area
- King-size bed
- Separate bath and shower facility
Avani Victoria Falls Resort Standard Double
- 102 Standard Double bedrooms
- Two Double Beds
- Private Balcony
- Separate bath & shower
Avani Victoria Falls Resort Standard Twin
- 65 Standard Twin Rooms
- Twin beds alongside each other
- Private balcony
- Separate bath and shower
Avani Victoria Falls Resort Standard Queen
- 39 Standard King Rooms
- Queen-size bed
- Sleeper Couch
- Separate bath and shower
Avani Victoria Falls Resort Standard In Room Facilities
- Satellite colour TV with Radio
- Fold-out couch in King Rooms
- Mini-safe & Telephone
- Vending machines conveniently sited to provide cold drinks and snacks.
- Dry-cleaning & Laundry
- Cots & Babysitting services
Dining At Avani Victoria Falls Resort
Avani Victoria Falls Resort Main Restaurant
- Dress: Casual and informal
- Open: For breakfast, lunch (on request) and dinner
- Capacity: 130 seats under cover and 200 seats outside
- The restaurant atmosphere is relaxed and casual and provides an enjoyable buffet experience, especially for families
Avani Victoria Falls Resort The Poolside Grill
- Dress: Swimwear/casual
- Capacity: 150 seats around the pool
- The ‘alfresco’ grill is located alongside the entertainment floor at the pool and is an ideal location for light, inexpensive poolside lunches.
Avani Victoria Falls Resort Squires Loft
- Capacity: Situated in The Falls
- Entertainment Centre, Squires Grill offers a tempting menu of tasty lunch and dinner dishes.
The Avani Victoria Falls Resort Food Theatre Restaurant
- The Food Theatre Restaurant can accommodate 240 guests for scrumptious Buffet experiences. A Full English Buffet Breakfast is served daily from 06h30 to 10h30, whilst Dinner, served from 18h30 to 22h00, offers a truly memorable night full of fun, good times and good food.
The Avani Victoria Falls Resort Pool Deck
- To appease hungry appetites, there is an “alfresco” grill located alongside the entertainment area at the pool, and is and ideal location for light lunches.
- The Avani Victoria Falls Resort Pool Deck is also a charming venue for pre-dinner drinks and nightcaps. Please note that the Pool Deck is a Public Area and may not be privatized for groups.
- This delightful open-ai r café is situated close to the Activity Center, open everyday from 08h00 until 18h00, offering a variety of sandwiches and light meals.
The Avani Victoria Falls Resort Kingfisher Braai Site
- A brand new site situated next to the bird hide, enclosed by Matepe poles, it has a private bar and overlooks it’s very own pond with the lilting sound of frogs croaking to each other. The perfect spot for a Private Barbeque or Braai, or possibly even a Bush Dinner.
The Avani Victoria Falls Resort Mukuni Boma
- An authentic Boma, crafted in traditional Zambian manner, accommodates a minimum of 60 and maximum of 300 people for an unforgettable evening under Crystal African Skies. The Boma is located within the resort, accessible by foot from both Hotels. Traditional entertainment from the Marimba Band to Acrobats, Traditional Beer Brewers to the Sangoma is available on request at an additional cost. The smell of wood smoke, the taste of spit roasted venison and the rumble of drums will capture this magical night under African Skies.Enjoy a hearty breakfast or sumptuous dinner in the brasserie buffet restaurant at the Avani Victoria Falls Resort. Experience high tea on the deck or sip cocktails at the pool bar adjoining the brasserie restaurant. Avani Victoria Falls Resort’s Cattleman’s Bar and Grill offers a variety of a la carte meals from midday till the early hours of the morning, with live entertainment on weekends, and is conveniently situated alongside a delightful swimming pool.
Activities From Avani Victoria Falls Resort
Whitewater Rafting On Zambezi River: Seasonal Whitewater Rafting On Zambezi River are run in large rubber rafts, launched from just below the Falls. You can experience a half day trip, full day or two day.
Victoria Falls Bungi Jumping: The highest commercial bridge jump in the world with the most spectacular setting at Victoria Falls. This must be the ultimate adrenaline rush, as you leap into space, free fall, saved from the swirling water below by the rebound of the cord, then hurtled upwards again at great speed. It’s an indescribable feeling that will probably change your life.
Zambezi Canoeing at Victoria Falls: A canoeing Safari on the upper portion of the Zambezi River, is a wonderful relaxing way to enjoy the astonishingly beautiful scenery that lines the river before it takes its plunge over the Victoria Falls. This part of the river is dotted with many islands of varying size; home to many birds and small animals.
Elephant Back Safaris at Victoria Falls: Your Elephant Back Safari at Victoria Falls begins with a pickup from your accommodation and transfer to the elephant boma at Mosi Oa Tunya National Park where you are introduced to your specially trained elephants and their handlers.
Victoria Falls Helicopter Flight: Experience the Victoria Falls with a birds eye view. Take off from the helicopter site and climb to a height of 1500 feet above the ground, while approaching the magnificent Victoria Falls.
Other Livingstone Victoria Falls Tours are: Zambezi River Boat Cruise, Dinner On Royal Livingstone Express Train Service, Livingstone Island Tour, The David Livingstone Museum Tour, Railway Museum & Tour of Livingstone Town, Chief Mukuni Village Cultural Tour, Maramba Market, Mosi-o-Tunya National Park Safari, Tours On The Segway & many more