OVERVIEW ON LUFUPA BUSH CAMP IN KAFUE
At the confluence of the Kafue River and the Lufupa Channel lies Lufupa Bush Camp, a tranquil setting that overlooks these rivers. Possibly the ultimate in riverine settings, Lufupa Bush Camp unlock an area of remote bush and languid waterways in the Kafue National Park, one of the largest national parks in Africa. The area is filled with floodplains, broad-leafed woodland, lush riverine vegetation and dambos (open grassy clearings). Exploring the smooth-flowing waterways provides lively wildlife and exceptional birding encounters, from hippo to African Finfoot.
Accommodation, Facilities & Amenities At Lufupa Bush Camp
- The well-known Lufupa area of Zambia’s Kafue National Park is recognised as a focal point for prolific animal and bird life, and offers access to productive game viewing areas of the northern Kafue. Lufupa is renowned for good leopard sightings and elephant are often seen moving through the area puku, impala, zebra, buffalo, kudu and defassa waterbuck are common while more unusual species include lichtenstein’s hartebeest, roan and sable antelope. Kafue’s birdlife is world-acclaimed, with the Lufupa area sporting well over 400 species including the likes of Pel’s fishing-owl.
- Lufupa Camp comprises nine en-suite Meru-style tented units each with a wooden deck on which to contemplate the wide river view. A relaxed central area, complete with a boma, fireplace, dining area and small plunge pool, lies on the edge of the broad Kafue River.
- Safari-style tented rooms with wooden deck providing river views. Each tent is en-suite with shower, basin and toilet. Soaps, shampoo, body lotion, washing powder (for smalls), insect repellent and torches are supplied in each tent.
- Electricity and hot water are supplied via solar panels and geysers. A small diesel generator provides a back-up source of energy. Lighting in the evening is provided by 12-volt lights that run off solar charged batteries in the tents.
Dining At Lufupa Bush Camp
- Dining and bar area are under huge jackalberry trees, overlooking the Kafue River.
- Dinners are served in a traditional style boma under the stars, next to a roaring campfire or in Lufupa’s tented dining room overlooking the river.
Activities At Lufupa Bush Camp
- Morning, afternoon and night wildlife viewing and game drives.
- Sunset and Sundowners.
- Experience Zambia’s renowned Africa walking safaris in Kafue National Park.
- Ornithological experience.