OVERVIEW ON ZAMBEZI KULEFU CAMP IN LOWER ZAMBEZI
The Lower Zambezi was for many years a forgotten wilderness and because of its remote location, has become a haven for many of Africa’s ‘big game’ species. The park is situated in the Zambezi Valley, opposite Mana Pools National Park, a World Heritage Site. It is bordered by the steep Mukamba Escarpment to the North and the Zambezi River to the South, which concentrates the animals in a fairly narrow riverine corridor, making for excellent game viewing with a diversity of wildlife. Within this deep in the game-rich Lower Zambezi, the secluded, intimate Zambezi Kulefu Camp is settled comfortably in the deep shade of tall riverine trees. Profoundly peaceful, eco-friendly and well appointed, the camp overlooks one of the permanent channels of the legendary Zambezi River.
Accommodation, Facilities & Amenities At Zambezi Kulefu Camp
- Kulefu meaning “the faraway place”, located on a permanent channel of the Zambezi, is shaded by massive Winterthorn Acacias which provide a cool and relaxing location to watch the world go by.
- Zambezi Kulefu Camp offers seven spacious tented chalets with twin or double beds, mosquito nets and en-suite facilities, offering a relaxing view of the mighty Zambezi.
- An evening campfire forms an integral part of the camp where guests can sit and discuss the events and sightings of the day.
- Batteries can be charged by generator and lights in the evening are supplied by 220 volt inverter. Traditional paraffin lamps illuminate pathways and tent entrances.
Dining At Zambezi Kulefu Camp
- The central lounge and dining area of Zambezi Kulefu Camp are housed in a magnificent Bedouin style tent which gives a lovely open air feel to the setting and allow guests to feel as though they are part of the surrounding environment. Teak furniture and natural fabrics add an authentic feel to this incredible bush experience as well as providing luxurious comfort.
- Zambezi Kulefu Camp is enhanced by a swimming pool right on the river bank as well as a teak deck overlooking the river.
- An evening campfire forms an integral part of the camp where guests can sit and discuss the events and sightings of the day with a cup of tea or coffee.
Activities At Zambezi Kulefu Camp
- Morning, afternoon and night wildlife viewing and game drives.
- Boat Safari – Wildlife viewing on the magnificent Zambezi River.
- Sunset and Sundowner cruises on the Zambezi River for honeymooners/special events.
- Fishing safari expeditions on the Zambezi River.
- Experience Zambia’s renowned Africa walking safaris in Lower Zambezi National Park.
- Canoeing down stream on the Zambezi River for adults travelers.