OVERVIEW ON KAPANI LODGE IN SOUTH LUANGWA – CENTRAL
Kapani means place of mopane trees. South Luangwa is host to a wide variety of wildlife, birds and vegetation. Norman Carr Safaris pioneered the now famous “Zambia walking safari”, which originated in South Luangwa and this still one of the finest ways to experience this pristine wilderness first-hand. The changing seasons add to South Luangwa’s richness ranging from dry, bare bushveld in the southern hemisphere winter months to a lush green wonderland in the summer months. Norman Carr accommodations pride itself of offering a varied range of safari experiences. AfricanMecca’s clients will be escorted by a team of Zambia’s best safari guides and can choose between a simple, back-to-nature walking safari, journeying from one bus hcamp to the next; or alternatively set a slower pace with a longer stay at the main lodge, including plenty of game drives, good food and relaxation.
Accommodation, Facilities & Amenities At Kapani Lodge
- Kapani Lodge is an exclusive, private accommodation situated on the banks of one of the many ox-bow lagoons in the South Luangwa.
- Kapani Lodge accommodates just twenty guests and is open throughout the year. Each of the eight standard Kapani Lodge suites has its own lounge with bar fridge and the beds have overhead fans inside their walk-in mosquito nets.
- Kapani Lodge has two Lagoon Houses are even more spacious with private views and elegant furniture. The lodge is on mains electricity and offers most modern facilities.
- A thatched building in the center of the camp houses the lounge and library. It is pleasantly cool in the hot weather and warm and cozy in the cooler months with an open fire.
- Secluded swimming pool is available at Kapani Lodge.
About Norman Carr’s Camps and Lodges
Norman Carr spent over 50 years devoting himself to the development of the South Luangwa National Park. In the 1950s he pioneered walking safaris in the Zambian bush. His legacy is Norman Carr Safaris, where conservation and care of the local community remain a priority, and where guiding is still based on the principles that Norman developed.
The current operation of the Norman Carr Camps and Lodges are all proud to take responsibility for the legacy left by such a great man. The guiding team at Norman Carr Camps and Lodges are widely regarded to be the most experienced and knowledgeable in Zambia – most of them were trained by Norman himself. The company has set up and is committed to a program of guide exchanges allowing us to expand our knowledge by experiencing similar wilderness operations both in other Parks in Zambia and also around the world.
Dining At Kapani Lodge
- Kapani Lodge chefs’ ingenuity in producing fantastic meals from the smallest of kitchens have won many accolades from our guests. According to the season, dining is al fresco with dinner taken on the terrace, on the spacious deck, by the swimming pool or in the lounge. Private dinners can also be arranged for guests seeking a little more seclusion. The bar and dining area is set on a deck overlooking the Kapani Lagoon.
Activities At Kapani Lodge
- Morning, afternoon and night wildlife viewing and game drives.
- Sunset and Sundowners.
- Experience Zambia’s renowned Africa walking safaris in South Luangwa National Park.
- Ornithological experience.
- Community and village visits.