OVERVIEW ON LION CAMP IN SOUTH LUANGWA – NORTHERN
Lion Camp is located deep inside Zambia’s South Luangwa, a 3,500 square mile wilderness first explored by Stanley and Livingstone some 150 years ago. It is here you will find the perfect blend of safari elegance, hospitality and premier game-viewing opportunities. With no fences surrounding the Lion Camp, wildlife is free to move unhindered, under the walkways. Elephant, hippos and small antelope such as bushbuck and puku, are frequently seen in camp. South Luangwa National Park is a rich, bountiful landscape at the end of the Great Rift Valley. It provides sanctuary for an impressive variety of birds and mammals; is renowned for its leopards, and is home to possibly the world’s largest concentration of Nile crocodiles. But you’ll never forget your first look at a lion. The sheer size of the beasts, their regal bearing, piercing pale yellow eyes, and their deep primeval roaring at dawn leave you with the indelible impression of a place where the world is still wild, a place not yet tamed, indeed, a place that should not be tamed. This is the real Africa. This is Lion Camp.
Accommodation, Facilities & Amenities At Lion Camp
- Accommodating up to 18 guests, in 9 canvas-and-thatch chalets, Lion Camp is an intimate refuge of comfort and tranquility.
- Each stylish Lion Camp chalet features a private balcony, stand fan and ensuite bathroom with shower and toilet.
- The Lion Camp chalets stand high above the savannah on stilts, and the entire camp is linked by a system of lighted boardwalks.
- At the heart of Lion Camp is a gathering place: enjoy the step-down infinity pool, the dramatic boma fireplace, the woven copper bar, and as wildlife crosses the open plain in front of the lodge, an ever changing view.
Dining At Lion Camp
- To complete your safari adventure, the Lion Camp chefs will create tempting meals using fresh produce and finesse. Lion Camp staff are attentive and courteous, providing personalized service with attention to detail.
Activities At Lion Camp
- Morning, afternoon and night wildlife viewing and game drives.
- Sunset and Sundowners.
- Experience Zambia’s renowned Africa walking safaris in South Luangwa National Park.
- Ornithological experience.
- Community and village visits.