OVERVIEW ON LUWI BUSH CAMP IN SOUTH LUANGWA – NORTHERN
Luwi is a seasonal camp nestled under huge mahogany trees on the banks of a permanent lagoon in South Luangwa National Park.
Accommodation, Facilities & Amenities At Luwi Bush Camp
- Accommodation at Luwi Bush Camp is in four huts that are made of grass and thatch with polished mud floors.
- There is a large lagoon adjacent to Luwi Bush Camp that teams with hippo and crocodile. This permanent water source attracts game from far and wide making the camp area constantly busy with animals.
- Luwi is one of the camps situated deepest in the Luangwa wilderness, lending the camp a rustic appeal and providing a truly African bush experience. Since there are very few roads in this area of the Park, the emphasis from Luwi Bush Camp is on walking although game viewing experiences by vehicle are available in connection with its sister lodge – Kapani.
About Norman Carr’s Camps and Lodges
Norman Carr spent over 50 years devoting himself to the development of the South Luangwa National Park. In the 1950s he pioneered walking safaris in the Zambian bush. His legacy is Norman Carr Safaris, where conservation and care of the local community remain a priority, and where guiding is still based on the principles that Norman developed. The current operation of the Norman Carr Camps and Lodges are all proud to take responsibility for the legacy left by such a great man. The guiding team at Norman Carr Camps and Lodges are widely regarded to be the most experienced and knowledgeable in Zambia – most of them were trained by Norman himself. The company has set up and is committed to a program of guide exchanges allowing us to expand our knowledge by experiencing similar wilderness operations both in other Parks in Zambia and also around the world.
Dining At Luwi Bush Camp
- A small thatch provides shade over the bar area. Daytime meals are served in the shade of the trees with a view of the grassy plain that normally attracts an abundance of wildlife, while dinner is taken under the stars accompanied by the many sounds of the African night.
Activities At Luwi Bush Camp
- Morning, afternoon and night wildlife viewing and game drives.
- Sunset and Sundowners.
- Experience Zambia’s renowned Africa walking safaris in South Luangwa National Park.
- Ornithological experience.
- Community and village visits.