OVERVIEW ON NSEFU CAMP IN SOUTH LUANGWA – NORTHERN
On a sweeping bend of the river, 12 kilometers north of Tena Tena, lies Nsefu. Nsefu was the first photographic safari camp in Zambia and dates back to the early fifties. The Nsefu Sector was recognized then as a phenomenal area and it still is. The camp lies in the heart of the undeveloped Nsefu sector and so offers charm and total comfort in remoteness and seclusion.
Accommodation, Facilities & Amenities At Nsefu Camp
- The original rondavels have been extended, with a spacious bathroom added. Each Nsefu Camp room has a clear view of the river, through large windows and from the new wooden veranda.
- Nsefu Camp accommodates a maximum of 12 guests, and rooms have en-suite semi open air bathrooms with flush toilet, showers and basins.
- The view of the river is superb and includes a terraced area where game grazes during the day.
Dining At Nsefu Camp
- Meals at Nsefu Camp are freshly prepared with a variety of western and African flavors. The bar, tucked in beside a huge extinct termite mound, overlooks a waterhole that is very productive for game, especially leopard at night.
Activities At Nsefu Camp
- Morning, afternoon and night wildlife viewing and game drives.
- Experience Zambia’s renowned Africa walking safaris in South Luangwa National Park.
- Ornithological experience, Sundowners, Community and village visits.