OVERVIEW ON TAFIKA CAMP IN SOUTH LUANGWA – NORTHERN
Tafika Camp in the South Luangwa, is the base camp of Remote Africa. It has been the home of John and Carol Coppinger since 1995 with a relaxed friendly atmosphere. Situated immediately outside the Nsefu Sector of the South Park, Tafika offers the unique microlight flights and mountain biking experiences as optional extras to the excellent drives and walks of a routine day. Mkasanga Village nearby welcomes guests interested in their culture and non-materialistic way of life in the warm heart of Africa. The Emerald Season at Tafika affords guests the opportunity of River Safaris with boating, canoeing, exceptional bird watching and breath taking scenes of the Luangwa in full flood – an awesome blend of rich greens and flooded channels overhung with groves of ebony trees.
Accommodation, Facilities & Amenities At Tafika Camp
- The wonderful vista of the Luangwa River sets Tafika apart: A maximum of twelve guests enjoy the comfort and beauty of six spacious chalets nestled in the shade of giant lead wood trees.
- Facilities are en-suite with sparkling rainbows in the delightful outdoor showers!
Dining At Tafika Camp
- Meals at Tafika Camp are freshly prepared with a variety of western and African flavors.
Activities At Tafika Camp
- Morning, afternoon and night wildlife viewing and game drives.
- Sunset and Sundowners.
- Experience Zambia’s renowned Africa walking safaris in South Luangwa National Park.
- Ornithological experience.
- Community and village visits.