OVERVIEW ON CHINDENI CAMP IN SOUTH LUANGWA – SOUTHERN
Chindeni Camp lies nestled on the apex of a permanent oxbow lagoon, offset by the magnificent Nchendeni Hills. From here is a short and fascinating walk to neighboring Chamilandu and Bilimungwe camps. Raised on wooden decking Chindeni’s four en-suite tented chalets are sheltered by a shady ebony grove. The seclusion of your stay and the abundant wildlife combine to make Chindeni Camp an experience not to be missed. With optimum accommodation for six guests (or eight if in a private group), Chindeni Camp provides the perfect location for the ultimate bush experience.
Accommodation, Facilities & Amenities At Chindeni Camp
- Each Chindeni Camp tent chalet has queen-sized beds, hot and cold running water, shower, toilet, double vanities and polished floors.
- Each Chindeni Camp tented chalet has its own private raised veranda from which you can view the resident game and enjoy the serene yet breathtaking tranquility of the vast lagoon. This is the ideal spot for both the avid and intrepid game spotter, as well as the more sedentary visitors who wish to observe nature at it’s best without too much personal effort.
- The open-fronted style ensures that you can enjoy uninterrupted game viewing from the privacy of your own room.
- The lush and wide lagoon, which stretches out from just beneath your own private balcony, ensures that you need make little effort as you lazily watch the abundance of game that parades before you in the joys of the verdant pantry at your feet.
Dining At Chindeni Camp
- Ancient ebony trees with their sweet fruit shade the bar and dining area and an adjacent, gently sloping walkway provides access to a lagoon-side retreat. From here, guests can enjoy an open-air dining experience, or the spectacular sunset as it reflects from the still waters of the lagoon.
- Meals are prepared by camp’s chef in African and western flavors.
Activities At Chindeni Camp
- Morning, afternoon and night wildlife viewing and game drives.
- Sunset and Sundowners.
- Experience Zambia’s renowned Africa walking safaris in South Luangwa National Park.
- Ornithological experience.
- Community and village visits.