OVERVIEW ON CHICHELE PRESIDENTIAL LODGE IN SOUTH LUANGWA – CENTRAL
Formerly a private Presidential retreat for Kenneth Kaunda (KK), Chichele occupies one of the most breathtaking sites in the entire park. Since the original structures, built circa 1960, the building was transformed to create a spectacular ‘turn of the century’ safari lodge, designed to complement its natural surroundings. South Luangwa is a place of primeval forest and lush savanna, stretching for hundreds of miles and encompassing the Luangwa River basin, its adjacent highlands and a mosaic of different habitats extending outwards from the central river.
Accommodation, Facilities & Amenities At Chichele Presidential Lodge
- In order to explore the wonderful floodplain vistas offered by the site, 10 air conditioned, elegant Victorian style suites are built along the edge of the hillside, each providing guests with private panoramic views. Each includes en-suite facilities and is equipped with a mini-bar, mosquito nets as well as hair dryer. The lodge also boasts a relaxing swimming pool, well stocked curio shop as well as conference facilities.
Dining At Chichele Presidential Lodge
- Meals are table d’hôte with a wide selection of scrumptious dishes. Meals may be served in the luxurious indoor dining room or on the scenic verandah and boma area outside.
Activities At Chichele Presidential Lodge
- Morning, afternoon and night wildlife viewing and game drives.
- Sunset and Sundowners.
- Experience Zambia’s renowned Africa walking safaris in South Luangwa National Park.
- Ornithological experience.
- Community and village visits.