OVERVIEW ON KAFUNTA RIVER LODGE IN SOUTH LUANGWA – CENTRAL
Kafunta River Lodge is set in the riverside forest on the banks of the Luangwa River overlooking the South Luangwa National Park. This modest accommodation is a classic Zambia safari lodge and combines all the essentials for a fine safari. Here you will find the rest and peace you need after an exciting day on tour in combination with personalized service and a warm welcome by its staff.
Accommodation, Facilities & Amenities At Kafunta River Lodge
- Kafunta’s classic safari lodge offers guests all the comforts, while being situated in unspoilt wilderness. With 8 private chalets and 2 luxury suites there is something for all discerning guests. Room inclusions are:
– Spacious 8 Double chalets and 2 luxury suits (20 beds)
– Private veranda with stunning views from all rooms
– En-suite bathroom with hot and cold running water
– Mini bar & Tea and coffee making facilities
– Walk-in mosquito nets
– Electric fans
- Adjacent to the bar is the pool and the only natural hot spring tub in the Luangwa Valley. This unique hot tub is fed from a source on Kafunta’s grounds, offering a constant temperature of 38 degrees. Here you can enjoy pure relaxation while at the same being presented with magnificent views over the flood plains and the Luangwa River.
- Kafunta River Lodge has its own pontoon 5 minutes from the lodge, the adventurous crossing takes you into the more remote areas of the park – an alternative to the main gate 10 km (game driving) North of the lodge.
Dining At Kafunta River Lodge
- Central to the lodge is the spacious bar and dining area. Built around a semi-evergreen wild mango tree and thatched in the traditional style, it offers superb panoramic views over the Luangwa River and the South Luangwa National Park. Great game viewing and bird watching from the lodge is guaranteed.
Activities At Kafunta River Lodge
- Morning, afternoon and night wildlife viewing and game drives.
- Sunset and Sundowners.
- Experience Zambia’s renowned Africa walking safaris in South Luangwa National Park.
- Ornithological experience.
- Community and village visits.