OVERVIEW ON NSOLO BUSH CAMP IN SOUTH LUANGWA – NORTHERN
Nsolo Bush Camp is a romantic, thatched camp, situated on a bend in the Luwi sand river just three hours’ safari walk from Luwi Bush Camp. Nsolo is one of Luangwa’s more historic camps. It was sited by Norman Carr in 1987 and Shaddy, the Camp Manager and guide, has been walking from this camp for over 10 years.
Accommodation, Facilities & Amenities At Nsolo Bush Camp
- Nsolo Bush Camp accommodation consists of four individually designed chalets each on raised wooden decks with high thatched roofs and private verandahs.
- Game frequents a waterhole in the river-bed in front of the camp, often resulting in exciting viewing from the comfort of your own deck or from the central Chitenje that houses the bar and small camp library.
- Since there is a limited network of roads in the area most of the game viewing is on foot from Nsolo Bush Camp although game viewing experiences by vehicle are available in connection with its sister lodge – Kapani.
About Norman Carr’s Camps and Lodges
Norman Carr spent over 50 years devoting himself to the development of the South Luangwa National Park. In the 1950s he pioneered walking safaris in the Zambian bush. His legacy is Norman Carr Safaris, where conservation and care of the local community remain a priority, and where guiding is still based on the principles that Norman developed.
The current operation of the Norman Carr Camps and Lodges are all proud to take responsibility for the legacy left by such a great man. The guiding team at Norman Carr Camps and Lodges are widely regarded to be the most experienced and knowledgeable in Zambia – most of them were trained by Norman himself. The company has set up and is committed to a program of guide exchanges allowing us to expand our knowledge by experiencing similar wilderness operations both in other Parks in Zambia and also around the world.
Dining At Nsolo Bush Camp
- Daytime meals are served in the shade of the trees with a view of the grassy plain that normally attracts an abundance of wildlife, while dinner is taken under the stars accompanied by the many sounds of the African night.
Activities At Nsolo Bush Camp
- Morning, afternoon and night wildlife viewing and game drives.
- Sunset and Sundowners.
- Experience Zambia’s renowned Africa walking safaris in South Luangwa National Park.
- Ornithological experience.
- Community and village visits.