OVERVIEW ON PROTEA HOTEL IN LIVINGSTONE – VICTORIA FALLS
Protea Hotel Livingstone is located on the outskirts of Livingstone, the tourism capital of Zambia. The hotel is adjacent to the Falls Park shopping and entertainment complex, so there is never a shortage of things to do at and around the hotel. The famous Victoria Falls is a mere 10kms from the hotel, making Protea Hotel Livingstone the perfect venue for sight seeing and more.
Accommodation, Facilities & Amenities At Protea Hotel
Protea Hotel Livingstone comprises of 6 buildings with 80 rooms.
40 Double Bedded Deluxe Rooms:
- Consist of one king size bed, extra length, a writing desk, a single armchair, coffee table and en-suite bathroom. This room can accommodate 2 persons
40 Twin Bedded Deluxe Rooms:
- Comprises of two queen size beds, extra length, a writing desk, a single armchair, coffee table and en-suite bathroom. This room can accomodate 2 adults and 2 children under 12
Protea Hotel Livingstone Room Facilities:
- Tea and Coffee making facilities
- Work Desk
- DSTV / Satellite TV
- Electronic Safes
- Electronic Door Locks
- Air Conditioner
- Wireless Internet
Protea Hotel Livingstone General Facility Services
- Protea Hotel Livingstone’s amazing restaurant is situated on the Ground Floor in the main building
- The Restaurant serves a buffet breakfast from 07:00 to 09:00 am, from Monday to Saturday.
- Sunday, breakfast is served from 08:00 to 09:30 am.
- A buffet lunch is served, Monday to Sunday, 12:30 to 15:00 pm
- The buffet dinner is served Monday to Sunday, between 19:00 to 22:00 pm.
- A snack menu is also available between 15:00 to 19:00
- No room service
- The Bar is open daily from 10:00 am until 22:00 pm.
- Swimming Pool
Activities From Protea Hotel
Whitewater Rafting On Zambezi River: Seasonal Whitewater Rafting On Zambezi River are run in large rubber rafts, launched from just below the Falls. You can experience a half day trip, full day or two day.
Victoria Falls Bungi Jumping: The highest commercial bridge jump in the world with the most spectacular setting at Victoria Falls. This must be the ultimate adrenaline rush, as you leap into space, free fall, saved from the swirling water below by the rebound of the cord, then hurtled upwards again at great speed. It’s an indescribable feeling that will probably change your life.
Zambezi Canoeing at Victoria Falls: A canoeing Safari on the upper portion of the Zambezi River, is a wonderful relaxing way to enjoy the astonishingly beautiful scenery that lines the river before it takes its plunge over the Victoria Falls. This part of the river is dotted with many islands of varying size; home to many birds and small animals.
Elephant Back Safaris at Victoria Falls: Your Elephant Back Safari at Victoria Falls begins with a pickup from your accommodation and transfer to the elephant boma at Mosi Oa Tunya National Park where you are introduced to your specially trained elephants and their handlers.
Victoria Falls Helicopter Flight: Experience the Victoria Falls with a birds eye view. Take off from the helicopter site and climb to a height of 1500 feet above the ground, while approaching the magnificent Victoria Falls.
Other Livingstone Victoria Falls Tours are: Zambezi River Boat Cruise, Dinner On Royal Livingstone Express Train Service, Livingstone Island Tour, The David Livingstone Museum Tour, Railway Museum & Tour of Livingstone Town, Chief Mukuni Village Cultural Tour, Maramba Market, Mosi-o-Tunya National Park Safari, Tours On The Segway & many more