OVERVIEW ON ALBIDA SUITE AT CHONGWE RIVER CAMP IN LOWER ZAMBEZI
Opened in 2007, Chongwe River Camps’ Albida Suite designed by Neil Rocher is situated on the Chongwe and Zambezi confluence with a view of the escarpment to the North. It is on the finest site we have and has been in reserve for a special project. Custom designed tents and organic ferro walling interspersed with natural wood. The two rooms share a lounge and dining area appointed with fine furniture and antiques that over look a private pool and the Zambezi River. Albida is the proud culmination of years of design and experience and is also the perfect marriage between Chongwe Camp and Chongwe House.
Accommodation, Facilities & Amenities At Albida Suite At Chongwe River Camp
- The en-suite deluxe rooms are separate octagonal tents with gauze windows on 7 sides with inter-leading path ways and gardens. The bathrooms have a canvas roof but are open to the bush with a bath, double basins and double shower. One shower is under cover and one is open air.
- Perfect for families or friends who travel together. The rooms can have a third bed or cot quite easily. Guests are welcome to join the main camp for meals or a drink or remain in their suite. The exclusivity is optional. If just two people want the whole suite there is a suite rate that ensures exclusive use of the whole facility but does not guarantee a private guide.
- The suite offers pure luxury but sill retains the spirit of the bush
Dining At Albida Suite At Chongwe River Camp
- Albida Suite At Chongwe River Camp’s chef will prepare a wide variety of dishes, which are served at the outdoor dining table. Dining al fresco in the gloaming of an African night, under a canopy of stars with the sounds of the bush as a backdrop, is truly an unforgettable experience!
Activities At Albida Suite At Chongwe River Camp
- Morning, afternoon and night wildlife viewing and game drives.
- Boat Safari – Wildlife viewing on the magnificent Zambezi River.
- Sunset and Sundowner cruises on the Zambezi River for honeymooners/special events.
- Fishing safari expeditions on the Zambezi River.
- Experience Zambia’s renowned Africa walking safaris in Lower Zambezi National Park.
- Canoeing down stream on the Zambezi River for adults travelers.