OVERVIEW ON KASAKA RIVER LODGE IN LOWER ZAMBEZI
Kasaka River Lodge is situated in a natural bush environment with each chalet secluded among the native flora. Kasaka has a ‘tame side’ with beautiful manicured gardens and colorful indigenous plants and a ‘wild side’ for the more adventurous, which is connected to the main lodge by overhead walkways to allow for the passage of wildlife within the camp. Kasaka River Lodge guests have two accommodation options: staying on the ‘tame’ side with manicured gardens nearest the swimming pool or on the ‘wild’ side, which is connected by overhead walkways to allow for the passage of wildlife within the camp.
Accommodation, Facilities & Amenities At Kasaka River Lodge
- Kasaka River Lodge Luxury Chalets: The eight chalets are deluxe tented and tastefully decorated with an authentic African flavor. Each has an elegantly furnished en-suite bathroom with flush toilets and powerful heated showers. All Kasaka River Lodge chalets provide freshly laundered towels and bathrobes plus toiletries for your convenience will be found in the bathrooms. Twin 13 amp 3 pin square socket outlets conforming to UK standards can be found in bathroom areas
- Kasaka River Lodge Wild Mango Honeymoon Suite: The honeymoon suite is the last chalet on the river’s edge to the west of the ‘wild’ side and affords maximum privacy offering the same facilities as the chalets. Sink into your sumptuous four-poster double bed draped in luxury and enjoy the Zambian ambience listening to the African nightlife. Breathe in the romantic scented air while lying in Kasaka River Lodge’s sensual natural stone open-air bath, viewing game on the banks of the river under the African sky.
- Kasaka River Lodge’s Luxury Family Home – Hippo Pod: Kasaka offers guests a luxury family home, ideal for families or guests wanting an exclusive and private safari experience. Kasaka River Lodge home is beautifully finished and boasts handpicked furniture bought from local craftsman giving it a unique atmosphere.The master bedroom offers a double bed with en suite bath and shower the second bedroom offers twin beds and furthermore the lounge converts to a sleeping area for an extra two guests. Relax in Kasaka River Lodge’s magnificent candlelit baths at night and shower while viewing wildlife on one of Africa’s most famous rivers. Kasaka River Lodge house provides freshly laundered towels and bathrobes plus toiletries for your convenience. Hippo Pod has its own secluded deck supplied with sunloungers and its own area for private dining where morning coffee and evening meals can be enjoyed whilst overlooking the most spectacular Zambezi River. Guests can also enjoy the main facilities of the lodge including the bar area, viewing deck, swimming pool and dining area.
Dining At Kasaka River Lodge
- Kasaka River Lodge’s thatched dining area over looks the river and dining can also be arranged on the deck for dining under the stars.
- Poolside dinners are also organized and during the full moon candlelit island dinners can be organized on Nyamangwe Island opposite the lodge.
- Kasaka’s bar and deck area are nestled among huge tamarind trees and is the perfect location for watching the world go by on the river. This is an ideal setting for you to relax in Kasaka Lodge’s leather loungers or sofas to read or just relax after your day’s activities. The library area offers books of interest related to Africa and its abundant flora and fauna and a variety of board games are available on request.
- The lodge bar is well stocked with ice-cold drinks and selections of South African wines are always available.
- swimming pool, situated on the ‘tame side’, overlooks the mighty Zambezi River. Sun loungers, large sunshades and two hammocks are available to help you relax during the quieter part of the day. Pool towels are available and drinks are served by the pool.
Activities At Kasaka River Lodge
- Morning, afternoon and night wildlife viewing and game drives.
- Boat Safari – Wildlife viewing on the magnificent Zambezi River.
- Sunset and Sundowner cruises on the Zambezi River for honeymooners/special events.
- Private dinners for honeymoon couples or other special occasions can be arranged.
- Fishing safari expeditions on the Zambezi River.
- Experience Zambia’s renowned Africa walking safaris in Lower Zambezi National Park.
- Canoeing down stream on the Zambezi River for adults travelers.