OVERVIEW ON ROYAL ZAMBEZI LODGE IN LOWER ZAMBEZI
Royal Zambezi Lodge is located on the bank of the Zambezi at one of its broadest points. With 3km of river frontage, Royal Zambezi Lodge borders the Lower Zambezi National Park and sits within a Game Management Area. With lions roaring in the distance and hippos snorting to each other nearby, the luxurious thatched tents, elegant design and gourmet cuisine of Royal Zambezi Lodge provide a perfect base from which to explore this wild and beautiful area. In the Lower Zambezi Valley, the river follows the trace of an ancient continental rift, between steep-sided mountains. Watered year-round, the vast flat area between the two escarpment ranges forms an area of outstanding natural beauty, with a unique ecosystem. Teeming with fish, the river supports a truly astounding bird population. Reed banks and islands are home to elephant, buffalo, lion, leopard, hippo and zebra, amongst countless others.
Accommodation, Facilities & Amenities At Royal Zambezi Lodge
- Royal Zambezi Lodge finds the perfect balance between contemporary style and comfort and a completely unspoiled wilderness experience.
- There are two categories of rooms: Classic or Deluxe Suites. All suites come ensuite with shower, hot and cold running water, flush toilets and amenities.
- The Royal Zambezi Lodge Touch Spa: The Royal Zambezi Bush Spa has been inspired by the natural beauty surrounding the lodge and is Zambia’s first and only bush spa. Its minimalist design exudes an air of complete balance, peace and tranquility offering you the ultimate refuge to restore the mind, body and spirit. Royal Zambezi Lodge pride themselves on the attentive team of qualified therapists who are on hand to provide AfricanMecca guests with a wide variety of massages, facials and a host of other therapeutic and beauty skin care treatments. Many of these use local indigenous ingredients from the African bush further emphasizing its beauty and enchantment. The spa is positioned around the central courtyard where the inviting aroma of burning scented candles fill the air from the two treatment rooms. AfricanMecca Guests are also invited to use the cooling plunge pool and outdoor jacuzzi with its breathtaking vista across the river the perfect way to while away those lazy afternoons. There is also the beautifully appointed lounge area where you can sip fresh juices accompanied by the remarkable sights and sounds of the resident flora and fauna.
Dining At Royal Zambezi Lodge
- Dine at private tables under the stars, or by a roaring fire on a cooler night. Or relax in your room and have dinner brought to you on your private deck. Or celebrate a special occasion with a candlelit dinner on an island in the Zambezi.
- Grab breakfast from Royal Zambezi Lodge’s breakfast pavilion by the verandah, where the team of chefs will cook your eggs to order or whizz up a healthy smoothie.
- Lunch need not interrupt a good day’s fishing or exploring. Take a gourmet picnic lunch with you, or the lodge will meet you in the Lowe Zambezi National Park for a full banquet in the bush complete with white linen tableware.
- Royal Zambezi Lodge resident chef uses the finest fresh ingredients to create a fusion of traditional and contemporary cuisine.
- The open plan reception area, dining room and lounge have classic architectural lines and lofty thatched roofs.
- Enormous fireplaces, cosy sofas and armchairs, white linen table cloths and cheerful personalised service create a haven of easy luxury.
- An elegant copper-roofed verandah provides an informal space for al fresco dining, board games, or taking tea in the afternoon.
- Wide timber decks extend over the river shallows, perfect for fine dining under clear starry skies, or sitting around the campfire and listening to the sounds of the African night.
- The decks overlook a reed bed, a fascinating microecology affording close study of bird and fish life as well as elephant, hippo and buffalo.
- In the evenings guests gather at the legendary Sausage Tree Bar, unquestionably the best watering hole on the river. Royal Zambezi Lodge barman serves drinks from behind the beautiful teak bar, built around an ancient tree. Relax with a glass of South Africa’s finest on Royal Zambezi’s suspended deck whilst the Zambezi flows swiftly beneath you and the sun sets behind the distant mountains. Or, after a morning game drive, ask one of the hosts to arrange an ice-cold cocktail while you cool off in the pool.
Activities At Royal Zambezi Lodge
- Morning, afternoon and night wildlife viewing and game drives.
- Boat Safari – Wildlife viewing on the magnificent Zambezi River.
- Sunset and Sundowner cruises on the Zambezi River for honeymooners/special events.
- Fishing safari expeditions on the Zambezi River.
- Experience Zambia’s renowned Africa walking safaris in Lower Zambezi National Park.
- Canoeing down stream on the Zambezi River for adults travelers.