OVERVIEW ON LUANGWA RIVER CAMP IN SOUTH LUANGWA – CENTRAL
Nestled under an ancient ebony grove in Zambia on the banks of the Luangwa River overlooking the Wafwa Oxbow Lagoon lays Luangwa River Camp, an intimate owner run lodge catering for just five couples at any one time. South Luangwa which marks the end of the Great Rift Valley, is one of the last unspoilt wilderness areas and possibly the finest wildlife sanctuary in Africa. It covers an area of over 9050 sq. km through which the Luangwa River runs. The ox bow lagoons, Miombo woodland and plains of the Valley host huge concentrations of game including elephant, buffalo, leopard, lion, giraffe, hippo, wild dog, the puku, endemic to the region and over 400 species of birds.
Accommodation, Facilities & Amenities At Luangwa River Camp
- Luangwa River Camp’s gentle but exquisite décor fuses vibrant earth tones and raw materials. Palm stalks, indigenous timber, thatch and red earthen plaster create a strikingly elegant yet warm atmosphere.
- An unhurried environment to reflect and unwind providing a continuous link with nature and the natural flow of Africa’s endless wide open spaces.
- The Luangwa River Camp consists of just five Chalets thus catering for no more than 10 guests at any one time. The chalets are individually named; Mwala, Mazi, Merzi, Moto and Ziko and all feature unique decorative themes.
- Luangwa River Camp’s open plan lounge, dining area and revitalizing infinity pool afford excellent game viewing opportunities and delicious dining under an endless canopy of African stars. Kick back and relax after a busy day of walking and photographic safari!
Dining At Luangwa River Camp
- Simplicity and individuality is at the heart of Luangwa River Camp’s cuisine. Luangwa River Camp’s head chef creates signature dishes in an array of enticing combinations inspired by fresh local ingredients and international influences.
- The Chef and his team happily cater for individual requests in addition to their sumptuous bush breakfasts and picnics.
Activities At Luangwa River Camp
- Morning, afternoon and night wildlife viewing and game drives.
- Sunset and Sundowners.
- Experience Zambia’s renowned Africa walking safaris in South Luangwa National Park.
- Ornithological experience.
- Community and village visits.