OVERVIEW ON LUANGWA SAFARI HOUSE IN SOUTH LUANGWA – CENTRAL
Luangwa Safari House is situated on Robin Pope’s Nkwali land approximately 1 km from Nkwali Camp. The super structure of the house is twenty five ancient and weathered Leadwood trees powerful and natural. The entrance side of the house is grand, castlesque and is exquisitely faced with stones from the hills. The massive door opens into the huge main room and instantly you see incredible views through the front of the house which is completely open. Built on the edge of a seasonal lagoon and with a backdrop of the Chindeni Hills the game, including herds of elephants and journeys of giraffe, use this area to feed and water throughout the day.
Accommodation, Facilities & Amenities At Luangwa Safari House
- Each Luangwa Safari House room has a totally individual and unique style. The sizeable living room is dominated by large comfy sofas and a huge marble dining table. The room stretches up two storeys, some twelve meters, to the thatched roof with wooden staircases rising out of the floor to take you to the upstairs bedrooms.
- Much of the fittings are hand made metalwork, designed by Matt Peacock, including a huge thirty lamp metal chandelier. The open front of the room leads out onto a quartz tiled terrace with large plunge pool to one side.
- Each of the four Luangwa Safari House bedrooms has a style of its own. Extra large beds, both king size or twin fit into each room under one mosquito net. There is a wooden ceiling fan inside each net. The beds have all been designed differently, from two poster beds to beds suspended by chains from the roof. The materials used in the bedrooms are hand painted and specifically designed, made locally at Tribal Textiles. Each bathroom has a different theme for the fittings, reflecting the colours of the rooms. From copper for the “Coral room” (including a hand made copper bath) to recycled sandblasted aluminum in the “Blue Agate” bedroom. These fittings have been matched with unusual pieces of Zambian marble hand picked by Jo and Robin.
- The upstairs rooms have a suspended wooden balcony, where you can sit out at night with a moonlit view over the bush to the distant hills. The downstairs bedrooms each have a private tiled verandah with large morris chairs for quiet moments.
- From the terrace, a magnificent risen walkway leads to a wooden deck surrounding a small group of huge ebony trees in the middle of the lagoon.
- The Luangwa Safari House is extraordinary large and powerful, this castle like house gives you space, luxury with nature on your doorstep.
- Uniquely designed private house for up to eight guests. Activities and meals will be designed to suit the individual group requirements
Dining At Luangwa Safari House
- There is a large leather sofa, and a hanging chair plus dining table and chairs for al fresco meals in the dining room. From here the waterhole is nearby, and sitting quietly you will be close to families of elephant that come to bathe.
- The private chef and house manager will discuss menu planning for the stay
Activities At Luangwa Safari House
- Morning, afternoon and night wildlife viewing and game drives.
- Sunset and Sundowners.
- Experience Zambia’s renowned Africa walking safaris in South Luangwa National Park.
- Ornithological experience.
- Community and village visits.